BOSTON CAREER FORUM 2019
November 1 (Fri.) – November 3 (Sun.), 2019
Travel scholarships are granted to qualified Japanese-English speaking candidates to help defray the cost of attending the Career Forum. If selected, you will receive a travel scholarship amount based on where you reside at the time of the Career Forum. Scholarship availability is limited, but in the past many candidates who did not receive a scholarship came to the Career Forum and successfully landed a job. Therefore, we recommend that you make your travel plans in advance rather than waiting first for a response. Please read carefully the information below before applying.
- Expected graduation from a degree program by 6/30/2021
- Attendance on at least two days of the Boston Career Forum 2019
- Agreement to the "Travel Scholarship Statement" below
April 22nd, 2019 (Mon.) – October 14th, 2019 (Mon.) 23:59 (US PST)
CFN will only contact candidates who have been selected as travel scholarship recipients. Candidates who did not receive an email notification by Thursday, October 17th, were unfortunately not selected. Given the availability of many career opportunities at the Career Forum, we strongly encourage you to attend even without the scholarship.
The travel scholarship will be awarded in the form of a check after 3:00PM on the second day of the Career Forum and after 10:00AM on the third day. For security reasons, under no circumstances can we award the scholarship before or after the Career Forum.
To collect, you must bring:
- notification email of selection (as a print out or via mobile device)
- proof of participation of more than two days (via CFN App or My CFN)
- valid ID (ex. driver's license, student ID or passport)
- proof of current address (ex: driver’s license, utility bill, cell phone bill, etc.)
* Other forms of compensation, such as accommodation, may be awarded in place of a check.
Travel Scholarship Statement
- I understand that the information on my resume will be used to determine my eligibility for CFN's Travel Scholarship Program. I certify that the information on my resume is true and accurate and that if such information is found to be false, I will immediately forfeit my travel scholarship eligibility. Additionally, I understand that all participating companies will be notified of any false representation.
- I understand that in order to collect my travel scholarship I must attend the Boston Career Forum 2019 at least two days.
- I understand that if for any reason I cannot participate in the Boston Career Forum 2019, I will notify CFN immediately.