SINGAPORE CAREER FORUM 2020
September 12th (Sat.) & 13th (Sun.), 2020
Job Fair @ Singapore for positions in Japan. Chance to get job offers from Japanese and Global companies.
(Sat.) & 13th
Singapore EXPO (MAX Atria 2F Garnet Hall)
1 Expo Dr, Singapore 486150
Qualifications to Participate
Students or graduates from university in Asia-Pacific area who:
- Are English speakers majored in Engineering, IT, or other technical majors
- Have majored or studied Japanese language in university (both technical & non-technical background)
- Have experience studying at university in Japan (course delivered in Japanese or English course)
- Are Japanese nationals currently studying abroad
Register to this Career Forum to get a chance to receive travel scholarship.
Candidates who passed the selection process will receive scholarship to cover their travel expenses to Singapore. Scholarship amount varies based on place of residence and background. Scholarship will be given at the end of the event.
Free lunch is served in the event hall. (Halal foods are also available). Visit as many company booths as possible on the event day.
Preparation for Working in Japan
Before Career Forum:
- Complete resume
- Apply to companies
- Schedule interviews
Participate Career Forum:
- Visit company booths
- Go to interviews
After Career Forum:
- Interviews (Second - final interview, by Skype or at company office)
- Receive job offer
- Apply for visa
- Prepare for flight to Japan
Candidates companies look for
Candidates who can work using Japanese
Companies are looking for candidates who can work with Japanese clients using Japanese and understand their needs, regardless of their Japanese fluency.
Candidates with Bachelor Degree or higher
Companies are looking for candidates who studied Japanese language and other major, and also candidates who are already graduated or expected to graduate within a year.
Candidates able to work in a team
Work inside Japanese companies is often done in teams, demanding candidates with other team members coming from various backgrounds.
Voice of candidates who received job offer from Singapore Career Forum 2019
Julita / Gadjah Mada University (Indonesia)
First, I didn’t suppose that I could join an interview in the career forum. Start from join and follow the rules and regulations. I could experience that I had on a career forum. Such as what should we prepare for the interview and what should give attention to in an interview.
From my experiences, the first thing we should prepare for the interview is a language, especially when you desire to work in a Japanese company, excepting English, at least you understand and could interact with Japanese although a few. Practice an interview before we get an interview with the company is important. It would make you know your mistake and could improve about yourself. Giving attention when we interview with a company is needed. Greetings and politeness are important when we do the interview. Do not be too nervous while doing the interview. It would make broke the concentration even make we could not focus on the question that we got from the company while interview. That is all about my experience. Don’t give up on seeking a job. 頑張ってください！
Raka / University of Indonesia
If you are interested in Working in Japan, it’s better if you learn the language. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but try to improve your Japanese as much as possible because it would become an appealing point to the recruiters, especially if you are not a Japanese language major student. My advice if you are not confident in your Japanese, prepare answers in advance for typical interview questions such as self introduction, your educational background, your strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work in Japan, why do you want to work for a company that you are applying to, your career plan, etc. Prepare the answer in Japanese, and try to practice those answers until you are comfortable with it. After that, try to find the matching points between the skills that you have, or your career interest, with the recruiter’s needs for the position that you are applying to, and sell those matching points during the interview. Lastly, do some research about Japanese Interview. Japan has a different way to do an interview. For example: dress code, interview manners, body language, you cannot become friendly with the interviewer, you cannot go out of topic during the interview, and many more.
- Q.I already have work experience, can I attend this event?
- A.Yes, candidates with work experience are welcome to attend this event.
- Q.Can I receive job offer at the event?
- A.Yes, to make the selection process go smoothly, we recommend you to apply for positions and book your interview before the event.
- Q.When can I start working?
- A.Companies may adjust your starting date based on your graduation date / availability.
- Q.Where will I be working at?
- A.It depends on each company’s opening position, however most companies will offer Japan-based position, with a possibility to be transferred to ASEAN branch in the future.
- Q.How much Japanese skill is required?
- A.It depends on companies. Some companies offer interview in English.
Download the CFN App for easy check in!
During the Career Forum, you will need to check in at registration every day before entering the event hall. With the CFN app, you can check in, view information on participating companies, review your interview/seminar schedules, and more!
Please ensure you download the CFN App and update it to the most recent version in advance to allow for smooth entry.
We have also added new features to the CFN app! You can now not only check job postings for regular events but also for OnLine Career Forum!