CareerForum.net (CFN) User Agreement
Article 1 Career Forum.Net (CFN) Career Forum.Net ("CFN") is the service run by DISCO Inc. (“DISCO”) to provide career opportunity information on the internet (at https://careerforum.net/). The service includes the distribution of emails of information to members , helpful for job hunting activities and enhancement of career development.
Article 2 Members A CFN Member ("Member" or "you") refers to the person who registeres to CFN to become a member and has been approved by DISCO.
Article 3 Acceptance of the Rules By registration, you are deemed to have agreed upon the contents of all the rules herein. You may receive information (including emails) various career opportunities from DISCO and/or its group companies, employment information of various companies that have retained us, other information helpful for job hunting, enhancement of career development, as well as various surveys and ads of products helpful for job hunting activities. You are deemed to have agreed to receive such information.
Article 4 Changes in Registration Method and Withdrawal You may change, add or remove the descriptions of your registration at any time with no obligation; provided, however, that you will be responsible for your own registration descriptions. Further, you may withdraw from the registration with no obligation at any time. In order to withdraw from registration, you shall take part in the designated CFN account withdrawl procedures online.
Article 5 Prohibited Conduct Members may not take any of the following actions when using “CareerForum. Net (abbreviated as CFN)”.
(1) Posting false information;
(2) Copying, selling, publishing or other use that goes beyond the limits of personal use of information from other parties;
(3) Providing information for the purpose of making a profit;
(4) Infringing on the intellectual property rights, image rights, publicity rights or other legitimate rights of other parties;
(5) Actions that infringe on the property, trust, honor or privacy of other parties, actions that are criminal, or those that violate public order and morals;
(6) Disclosing personally identifiable information;
(7) Creating a disadvantage for or damaging other parties;
(9) Election activities or similar, or actions that violate the Public Offices Election Act;
(10) Actions taken for the purpose of sales or publicity, such as advertisements;
(11) Providing money, or the exchange of goods between members;
(12) Assuming the name of or impersonating another party;
(13) Actions judged by DISCO to have a detrimental effect on minors;
(14) Linking to age-restricted sites, illegal sites or harmful sites;
(15) Posting expressions that lead to discrimination based on ethnicity, race, gender, age or other;
(16) Posting of lewd, violent or other generally disturbing actions or expressions, or posting expressions that glorify, induce or assist such actions;
(17) Postings, messages or other actions judged by DISCO to be spam;
(18) Actions that disrupt the administration of “CFN” or discredit DISCO, or that could possibly do so;
(19) Actions that violate the law; and
(20) Other actions judged to be inappropriate by DISCO.
Article 6 Cancellation of member registration DISCO may suspend service to a member or cancel the member registration without advance notice to the member when it judges that the member has violated these Terms of Service.
Article 7 Personal Information 1. Definition of Personal Information "Personal Information" refers to the information related to you, consisting of, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, school currently enrolled in or graduated from, and any other descriptions that identify you (including information that alone does not identify you, but may identify you if checked up along with other information).
2. Purpose of the use of personal information As a general rule, we do not use Personal Information for any purposes other than the service related to CFN. We are committed to do our best in the management of job seekers’ Personal Information.
3. Person Responsible for Management of Personal Information The following person shall be responsible for managing the personal information registered by you: Tomoshi Tatsumoto (Person Responsible for Protection of Personal Information) DISCO Inc. Iidabashi First Building 9th Floor 2-5-1 Koraku, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo (Postal code: 112-0004), JAPAN Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please refer to the following URL for the handling of the personal information by DISCO: URL: http://www.disc.co.jp/privacy/index_02.htm
4. Joint Use of Personal Information DISCO and DISCO International, a group company of DISCO, may jointly use job seeker’s personal information. In case DISCO handles the personal information as the joint user, DISCO shall properly use and manage the personal information in accordance with the requirements of JIS Q 15001 and the Act on the Protection of Personal Information coming into force in Japan. o Items of the personal information used jointly Registration information such as name, address, phone number, university, work history. o Scope of the joint users DISCO International, Inc. and DISCO International, Ltd. o Purpose for which the personal information is used by the joint users within the scope of the purpose specified in Article 7.2. o Name of the individual or entity responsible for the management of the personal data concerned Tomoshi Tatsumoto (Person Responsible for Protection of Personal Information) DISCO Inc. o Acquisition method Any personal information to be acquired by us in writing or oral method for example internet, letter, phone and/or interview, etc. After cancelling your membership to CFN, registered personal information will be stored for up to one year from the date of cancellation , allowing companies you’ve applied to view your CFN profile and contact you. This information will be safely stored by CFN in accordance with an industry standard website security protocol intended to prevent unauthorized access and will only be used for the above purpose. Companies that you had applied to may send an email or inquiry via CFN system during this time. Once the year has passed, the information will be deleted, except to the extent in which such information is necessary for legally required or permitted business record-keeping purposes as well as to carry out any of your requests applicable to your post-membership period (for example, to maintain "do not contact" list of those who "opt-out" of being contacted with future marketing materials, announcement and/or offers). You understand companies that have sent you an email or inquiry via the CFN system will see and be able to make a record of your personal information. You consent to CFN furnishing such information to those companies and acknowledge those companies may use your information to directly contact you at any time notwithstanding your membership cancellation.
5. Items of Personal Information to be provided to Companies after On-Line Application When you apply to companies through CFN, the following information registered as Member information will be provided to the companies as an applicant’s data. Provided to companies, the Personal Information will be handled by each of them for communication and other purposes during the screening process. You may contact individual companies you are applying to directly as to their handling of Personal Information in their possession. The companies enrolled in CFN, are prohibited to use Personal Information obtained via CFN for any purposes other than their employment activities except for recruiting agencies pre-approved by CFN for the purpose of recruitment for the hiring companies they represent. * Items of Personal Information Provided to Companies at the Time of Application ・ Name ・ Email ・ Receive Emails in Japanese (Check/uncheck “Receive Emails in Japanese”) < Current Address > ・ Country ・ State/Prov./Prefecture ・ City/Town ・ Street ・ Zip/Postal Code ・ Primary Phone Number ・ Secondary Phone Number (Optional) ・ Tertiary Phone Number (Optional)
< Other Address > ・ Country ・ State/Prov./Prefecture ・ City/Town ・ Street ・ Zip/Postal Code
・ Skype ID (Optional) ・ Work Permit/Visa ・ Language Skill ・ Skills (Optional) ・ Self-PR (Optional) ・ Video (Optional)
< Education Background > ・ Country ・ State/Prov./Prefecture ・ University ・ Major Category ・ Major ・ Official name of Major ・ Degree ・ Graduation Date ・ GPA (Optional) ・ Detail
< Work History > ・ Full-time Work Experience ・ Company Name ・ Type of Business ・ Company Profile ・ Position Title ・ Period at Position ・ Job Category ・ Career Level ・ Employment Type ・ Job Description ・ Current/Most Recent Annual Income (Optional)
*Response to application terms *Questions for applicants
Information marked as (Optional) will be rendered only if you provide the information. The items with * will be provided only if companies require them for application.
6. What if You do not Give Us Your Personal Information Registration or entry of your personal information is on a voluntary basis. Some of our services may be unavailable if you do not provide information on items required to receive that certain part of said service.
7. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties We may entrust handling of your personal information to any third party. As a general rule, we do not disclose to third parties without your agreement your Personal Information registered. We may disclose such information only with your agreement after confirming the identity of the receiver and the nature of the information sought; provided, however, that we may disclose registered information without your consent to the extent not legally prohibited if; (1) Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws (2) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person (3) Cases in which the provision of personal information is specially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person (4) Cases in which the provision of personal data is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned
8. Third Parties Any person who receives the personal information shall not be considered to be a third party under the provisions of this Article if: (1) DISCO contracts out all or part of the handling of such Personal Information to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose of its use; or (2) such Personal Information is transferred as a result of the assignment of the business due to merger or consolidation of DISCO or any other event.
9. Disclaimers DISCO will be responsible in no way for a third party’s acquiring your Personal Information if; (1) You give your Personal Information to a certain company using the functions of CFN or any other means, or (2) The registered descriptions other than your identity information have happened to reveal your identity.
10. Statistics DISCO may create a statistics database, based on the provided Personal Information, in a format that does not reveal the identity of individuals, and make use of the database without any restrictions.
11. Cookies When you access our website, CFN may send to your computer information called a cookie or cookies, which will be saved on your hard disk or in the memory. A cookie or cookies are used to provide better services including expected member service, highly value added service and the ad management system. They will not cause any harm to your privacy or the environment for the usage of your computer.
12. Person’s rights concerning your personal information If you request to us the purpose of utilization of retained personal information, disclosure of retained personal information, correction, addition, or deletion of the content of retained personal information, discontinuance of the use or erasure of retained personal information, or discontinuance of the provision to a third party of retained personal information, you may contact to the following URL. Contact: email@example.com
Article 7-2 Processing and Transfer of Personal Data Acquired in European Economic Area (EEA)
As for the personal data acquired from the residents and temporal stayers in the EEA in accordance with the GDPR, DISCO will list the terms and conditions which are required to be explicitly indicated for data subjects when processing or transferring personal data (which means all information on a natural person including his or her name, identification number, location data, email address, online identifier (i.e. IP address and cookie identifier), and factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person (regardless of his or her nationality or place of residence) in the EEA) as follows. If you reside or temporarily stay in the EEA, please read and agree to the following terms and conditions before registering with CFN.
1. Name of Company
Location: Iidabashi First Building 9F, 2-5-1 Koraku, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0004
Company name: DISCO Inc.
2. Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Kazuyuki Shinozaki, Director
Contact information (E-mail): firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Purposes of Processing of Personal Data
DISCO as the controller will process personal data acquired for the following purposes with the consent of a data subject. DISCO will not use the personal data for any purpose other than the services related to CFN (unless the consent of a data subject is separately obtained).DISCO will take sufficient security measures and use a method for maintaining the confidentiality when transferring acquired personal data to the server of the CFN services located in Japan. DISCO will also take appropriate protection measures in accordance with the GDPR when processing the data.
4. Provision of Personal Data for Third Parties
DISCO will provide acquired personal data for DISCO International, Inc. in the United States and DISCO International Ltd. in the United Kingdom, which are the subsidiaries of DISCO, and jointly use such data with them for purposes of providing the services related to CFN or information on such services. When you apply to companies through CFN, personal data registered as Member information will be provided for the companies. In this case, DISCO will take sufficient security measures and use a method for maintaining the confidentiality.
5. Personal Data Processing Performed by Third Party
DISCO may appoint a third party to perform processing and management of acquired personal data, and other services to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of processing specified above.
6. Contact Information on Inquiries (including Complaints and Consultation) regarding Personal Data
Contact DISCO as follows:
Contact information on inquiries related to CFN: email@example.com You may file a complaint about personal data transferred from the EEA with EEA data protection supervisory authorities.
7. Retention Period of Personal Data
DISCO will retain personal data processed by CFN for a certain period after the provision of services come to a close, and period necessary to perform its obligations and meet the requirements under the laws and regulations.
8. Change in Registration
You may change, add or delete your personal data registered with CFN at your own discretion through CFN at any time.
9. Rights to Withdraw Consent and Delete Information
You may withdraw your consent to the processing and transfer of personal data at any time. If you request DISCO to delete your own information, DISCO will accept such request unless such deletion breaches its obligations, or violates any law or regulation. For avoidance of doubt, the previous sentences will not affect the legality of processing or transfer of personal data performed with your consent before withdrawal of consent.
10. Notice of Changes in and Deletion from Registration, or Restriction on Processing
If DISCO changes your personal data, deletes your personal data for withdrawal procedure or restricts processing of your personal data at your request, DISCO will promptly notify you to that effect. Notice will be given through CFN or by email.
11. Automated Decision-Making
Acquired personal data may be used for profiling and other automated decision-making.
12. Results Arising from Failure to Provide Personal Information
Registration with CFN and provision of personal information is optional. However, if you fail to provide thorough information necessary for each of the services of CFN, you may not be able to access part of the services.
Article 8 CFN Scout Service CFN Scout service allows CFN company users to view resumes posted and registered by CFN members. Companies can then send emails to their candidates of interest. Only CFN members who voluntarily post and register their resume will be able to utilize this service.
Information on the resumes to be posted - The following content will be viewable to the recruiters when viewing a job seekers’ resume. Members are solely responsible for their registration content. DISCO will not be held responsible for any impairment (mental or emotional damage, the discontinuation of job-hunting, or other financial troubles) caused by the registered content.
* Information on the resumes to be posted ・ Residing Country ・ Work Permit/Visa Status ・ Language Level ・ Skill/Qualifications (Optional) ・ Self-PR (Optional) ・ Video (Optional) ・ Preferences
- Educational Background ・ Country ・ State/Prefecture ・ University ・ Major Category ・ Major ・ Official name of Major ・ Degree ・ Graduation Date ・ GPA(optional) ・ Detail
- Work History ・ Full-time Work Experience ・ Company Name ・ Type of Business ・ Position Title ・ Period at Position ・ Job Category ・ Career Level ・ Employment Type ・ Job Description Current/Most Recent Annual Income (Optional)
Information on blocking the disclosure of your resume from selected companies - You can prevent the disclosure of your resume to selected companies. However, if the selected company merges or changes its name, it will be your responsibility to update the name of the blocked company. We cannot guarantee that this function will continue to block companies from viewing your resume now or in the future. By utilizing CFN Scout, , you, as a CFN member, understand that it will be your responsibility to maintain and monitor the blocking of your resume. DISCO will not be responsible for any damage – aforementioned or otherwise - due to this function.
Article 9 Messaging Service You shall agree to receive messages from companies and schools, and direct mail of employment information.
Article 10 Liability of DISCO DISCO shall not be held liable for any damage (including, but not limited to, emotional distress, an interruption in your job-hunting activities and any other disadvantage including a monetary loss) arising from your registration with CFN, use thereof, information provided by a third party and other activities, unless such damage was caused by intention or gross negligence of DISCO. Further, DISCO shall not be obligated to re-send its email magazine and other materials in case they become garbled and illegible.
Article 11 Force Majeure DISCO shall not be held liable for any damage suffered due to causes beyond its control including, but not limited to, damage from computer virus attacks which cannot be prevented by ordinary preventive measures and natural disasters. DISCO does not guarantee the data stored at CFN will not be deleted or modified by such an act of force majeure.
Article 12 Liability to Third Parties If you cause a third party or third parties any damage by your registration with CFN or use thereof, you shall be responsible for a solution. DISCO will not bear any responsibility in such a case.
Article 13 Damages If you violate the rules herein and, whether directly or indirectly, cause a loss to DISCO, you shall be obligated to indemnify all the loss to DISCO.
Article 14 Assignment DISCO may transfer, or cause to transfer, hereunder to a third party the status hereunder without your consent by providing a prior notice at the CFN website; DISCO may assign, or cause to assign, hereunder to a third party the rights hereunder without your consent by providing a prior notice at the CFN website; and DISCO may delegate, or cause to delegate, hereunder to a third party the obligations hereunder without your consent by providing a prior notice at the CFN website
Article 15 Changes in the Member Service 1. You agree that DISCO may change or temporarily halt its service to you without a prior notice. 2. DISCO may halt for a long period of time or discontinue its entire service by giving a notice one month prior thereto.
Article 16 Change to the Rules DISCO may change the rules herein as needed. The changes shall be considered accepted by all the Members after being displayed at the CFN website for one month.
Article 17 Governing Laws These rules shall be governed by the laws of Japan, and construed and interpreted thereunder.
Article 18 Jurisdiction The Tokyo District Court or (if the jurisdictional amount does not exceed 1,400,000 yen) the Tokyo Summary Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction for the first instance over any dispute arising from or relating to these rules.
Article 19 Original These rules may be translated into English for convenience purposes. The original of the rules shall be in Japanese.